The sad death of Jamie Faith in October 2020, and the accompanying investigation, revealed a shady murder plan hatched by his wife and her boyfriend. The latter traveled from Tennessee to Texas to shoot the man in public. Using digital evidence, Jamie’s wife, Jennifer, and her boyfriend, Darrin Lopez, were found guilty of involvement in the murder. Darrin was charged with, among other things, murder and obstruction of justice. He has now pleaded not guilty and is awaiting trial. Jennifer, meanwhile, pleaded guilty to contract murder earlier this year and was sentenced to life in prison.
On Friday, October 21, 2022, at 8 p.m. ET, an episode of ID’s 48 Hours will chronicle the tragic facts of Jamie Smith’s murder. Therefore, prior to the episode’s debut, this article will highlight some critical aspects of the murder investigation.
Five key details in Jamie Faith’s assassination case
1) Surveillance film recorded the attacker’s car, which helped solve Jamie Faith’s case.
According to the security film, Jamie Faith was shot by someone driving a black Nissan Titan pickup with a distinctive sticker – a “T” – on one of the rear windows. The truck was reportedly captured on the front door security camera and one of their neighbors also observed the vehicle.
Authorities were able to trace the vehicle to Jennifer Faith’s partner Darrin Lopez, an Army veteran living in Cumberland Furnace, Tennessee, after collecting digital evidence about her romance. The owner of the truck, Lopez, was identified and the vehicle was parked outside his residence.
2) Jamie Faith was shot many times and died on the spot.
Jamie Faith was gunned down early in the morning as he left his home for a walk with his wife, Jennifer, and their dog. He was shot a total of seven times: three times in the head, three times in the chest and once in the crotch. When first responders arrived on the scene, it was determined that he had died on the spot.
3) Jennifer used fake email accounts to cheat on Darrin Lopez.
Authorities have received the emails that Jennifer allegedly wrote to Lopez while acting as her husband and boyfriend. This revealed a complicated plan she devised to have her husband killed. Jamie Faith allegedly abused her physically and sexually. These emails were most likely sent to infuriate Lopez into killing Jamie. In addition, the lover suffered terrible brain damage during the fighting in Iraq.
4) Jennifer Faith used money from GoFundMe to buy things for her boyfriend.
An investigation into Jamie Faith’s death revealed that their neighbor helped set up a GoFundMe donation campaign for Jennifer and her daughter, which raised thousands of dollars. Then it was discovered that the woman used the money to spoil her lover, buy him expensive gifts such as a TV and even pay for his airline tickets.
5) Jamie Faith’s wife tried to file over $500,000 in insurance claims.
When police learned that Jennifer had used GoFundMe contributions to lavishly shower Lopez with precious gifts, their belief in the illusion of a lady who had just lost her husband was shattered. In addition, after Jamie’s death, Jennifer Faith reportedly attempted to file insurance claims totaling $629,000.
- 1 Five key details in Jamie Faith’s assassination case
- 2 1) Surveillance film recorded the attacker’s car, which helped solve Jamie Faith’s case.
- 3 2) Jamie Faith was shot many times and died on the spot.
- 4 3) Jennifer used fake email accounts to cheat on Darrin Lopez.
- 5 4) Jennifer Faith used money from GoFundMe to buy things for her boyfriend.
- 6 5) Jamie Faith’s wife tried to file over $500,000 in insurance claims.