2.2 C
London
Monday, February 6, 2023

Airtel’s shares soar as Bharti Telecom says it will acquire Singtel’s stake for $1.6 billion

Must read

Measures to address excessive volatility: Sebi on Adani crisis

Sebi said on Saturday that it is committed to ensuring the integrity of the stock market. All necessary regulatory measures have been taken to...

Darcey Silva- Wiki, age, husband, net worth, ethnicity

Darcy Silva first gained fame with the TLC reality TV series "90 Days Fiancé," which follows engaged couples who have 90 days to get...

the future of agrifood technology at evokeᴬᴳ 2023

In just three years, investment in Australian agri-food technology has skyrocketed. With the planet's rapidly growing population, never-ending concerns about the climate and...
Shreya Christinahttps://londonbusinessblog.com
Shreya has been with londonbusinessblog.com for 3 years, writing copy for client websites, blog posts, EDMs and other mediums to engage readers and encourage action. By collaborating with clients, our SEO manager and the wider londonbusinessblog.com team, Shreya seeks to understand an audience before creating memorable, persuasive copy.

  • single has entered into an agreement with airtel promoter Bharti Telecom to buy a 3.3% stake in Airtel for $1.6 billion.
  • The Singapore-based telecom giant has been an Airtel shareholder for more than two decades.
  • Airtel shares rose in early trading, as did Singtel’s in its home market, Singapore.

Bharti Telecom has entered into an agreement with Singapore-based Singtel to acquire a 3.33% stake in Airtel for $1.6 billion (approximately ₹12,800 crore), according to an exchange filing today.

Bharti Telecom is one of the promoters of Bharti Airteldirected by Sunil Mittal. However, Singtel is also a shareholder of the promoter.

Shares of Airtel rose more than 1.2% in early trading today (Aug. 25), while the benchmark Nifty50 index rose 0.4%. Singtel shares also rose nearly 2% in its home market, Singapore.

Airtel share price in FY23BSE / https://londonbusinessblog.com/ India / Bloom

“Singtel and its subsidiaries have entered into an agreement to transfer 3.33% of its shares to BTL for a total consideration of approximately SGD 2.25 billion, thereby eliminating the direct shareholding of Singtel and Bharti in Airtel by 10% and 6% respectively,” said Bharti Telecom in an exchange request.

Singtel has been an Airtel shareholder for more than two decades.

Read also

Jio, Airtel could emerge stronger and further weaken Vodafone Idea, analysts say

Jio, Airtel could emerge stronger and further weaken Vodafone Idea, analysts say

Bharti Telecom has entered into an agreement with Singapore-based Singtel to acquire a 3.33% stake in Airtel for $1.6 billion (approximately ₹12,800 crore), according to an exchange filing today. Bharti Telecom is one of the promoters of Bharti Airtel, headed by Sunil Mittal. However, Singtel is also a shareholder of the promoter.

Singtel’s decision to wind down some of its stake in India’s second-largest telecom company is part of a pivot to refine its focus on its core businesses. The company plans to use the proceeds from this sale for 5G and other growth initiatives in its home market.

The Sunil Mittal family owns a 50.56% stake in Bharti Telecom, while Singtel owns the remainder at 49.44%. This promoter arm held a 35.85% stake in Bharti Airtel prior to the deal.

Prior to the sale, the Mittals held a 24.13% stake in Bharti Airtel, while Singtel’s stake was 31.72%.

Following the sale, Singtel’s stake in Bharti Airtel will have fallen to 29.7%, valued at just over $15.8 billion (approximately ₹1.26 lakh crore).

Once the sale is completed, the Mittal family’s stake in Airtel will be just over 25%, thanks to their stake in Bharti Telecom.

ALSO SEE:

This financial statistic explains how the Indian economy will take some time to get back on track

Reliance Jio Beats Airtel 5 to 1 in June Subscriber Additions

Jio vs Airtel: Which One Offers Faster and More Reliable 5G Services?

More articles

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

Latest article

Measures to address excessive volatility: Sebi on Adani crisis

Sebi said on Saturday that it is committed to ensuring the integrity of the stock market. All necessary regulatory measures have been taken to...

Darcey Silva- Wiki, age, husband, net worth, ethnicity

Darcy Silva first gained fame with the TLC reality TV series "90 Days Fiancé," which follows engaged couples who have 90 days to get...

the future of agrifood technology at evokeᴬᴳ 2023

In just three years, investment in Australian agri-food technology has skyrocketed. With the planet's rapidly growing population, never-ending concerns about the climate and...

Who is Vera Farmiga Husband? Is she married?

Vera Farmiga is an American actress widely known for playing Lorraine Warren in the supernatural horror film The Conjure. Furthermore, her best acting...