If you’re a savvy tech shopper, you can set your watch to the annual cadence of TV deals. There are the big ones, like Black Friday and the Super Bowl, and then in between and in between with Memorial Day, Labor Day and a few others. Amazon Prime Day has become another notable TV shopping holiday, with its somewhat annual cadence and occasional date changes starting in 2015. With Prime Day 2022 kicking off, it’s another great opportunity to get a new 4K TV or upgrade your existing one for something better, faster, and maybe even bigger.
Of all the Prime Day deals we cover here on The edge (smart home tech, earbuds, phones, laptops, and more), this is one of the biggest. There are TVs with OLED and mini LED panels that offer excellent color quality, as well as options with HDMI 2.1 and variable refresh rate (VRR) that are great for gaming. Below we’ve rounded up the best TV deals for you to take advantage of this Prime Day.
LG TV Deals
- One of our favorite gaming TV picks, the LG C1 OLED is available in a variety of sizes from multiple retailers. The 48-inch C1 is discounted at Amazon to $796.99 and Aim for $799.99 instead of $1,299.99, while the 65-inch model is also on sale at Best Buy for $1,699.99 instead of $1,899.99. In addition to a refresh rate of 120 Hz, the C1 supports Dolby Vision, HDR10, Google Assistant and Amazon Alexa.
The LG UP7070 is discounted from $829.99 to $649.99 at Best Buy, one of the best prices we’ve seen for this 4K LED TV. It may not tick all the boxes when it comes to voice assistants and extra features, but it does include AirPlay 2 support for Apple users.
Sony TV Deals
- Sony’s Bravia A9S OLED is down to $799.99 ($500 off) at Best Buy. This OLED supports a refresh rate of 120 Hz, HDR and Dolby Vision. It also rounds out its smart functionality with support for both Google Assistant and Amazon Alexa. It’s an excellent value for a smaller OLED for a smaller space – or a enormous gaming monitor, if you’re so inclined.
Samsung TV Deals
- The Last generation frame TV dropped to $979.99 ($418 off) in the 55-inch configuration, which is about the lowest ever. It may be the outgoing model with a screen that you have to be wary of glare, but it’s still a fine TV with a slick look.
Vizio TV Deals
TCL TV Deals
- The 65-inch version of TCL’s excellent 6 Series, which features Mini LED technology and runs Roku’s TV platform, is up to $999.99
$699.99at Amazon. We may not like this model as much as the revamped one that runs Google TV, but the price of this particular model is even better than it was during Black Friday / Cyber Monday.
- Normally $399.99, the 43-inch 4 Series TV from TCL on sale at Best Buy for $249.99† Although the refresh rate is limited to 60 Hz, the 4 Series manages to offer a surprising amount of features for a relatively low price.
Fire TV Deals
More TV and Soundbar Deals
- The 50-inch, HDR-ready Hisense 50U6HF QLED was released in May, and it’s currently available on Amazon for just $339.99 for Prime members. That’s $190 off the regular price of the Fire TV-equipped set and is a new low — even better than the previous Prime Day sale.
- Toshiba’s 43-inch C350, another humble TV with Amazon’s Fire TV smart interface, is on sale to Prime subscribers for $229.99 ($100 off) through Prime Day. It’s a standard TV, but it supports both 4K resolution and Dolby Vision HDR.
- Roku’s Streambar Pro, which combines a soundbar and a 4K streaming device, is back to the lowest price of $149 ($30 off). It’s a nice, tidy option if you want a single device that offers enhanced sound through your TV speakers without the need for a separate streamer.