LG believes that diverse inclusive perspectives can lead to better innovation. LG NOVA, LG’s new innovation center in Silicon Valley, seeks partnerships with innovative startups and entrepreneurs. With its global reach and infrastructure, LG believes it is ideally placed to help these ideas succeed for the betterment of people, communities and the planet. The LG NOVA Mission for the Future 2022 is a global startup engagement program for startups and entrepreneurs to present their ideas to LG.
Discover the LG NOVA Mission for the Future 2022 Open Innovation Program
The LG NOVA team and the Mission for the Future program were created to provide resources to nurture and grow startup businesses. These resources include grant funding opportunity to explore pilot projects and proofs-of-concept (POCs) and/or equity investments where relevant.
Key Focus Areas of the Mission for the Future 2022
LG NOVA’s mission for the future seeks new and innovative solutions in six key areas that improve the quality of life of people, communities and the planet:
- Digital health: Transforming the concept of health and wellness.
- Metavers & Gaming: Building immersive, limitless experiences for everyone.
- ESG and electric mobility: Accelerating the growth of sustainability.
- Display Solutions: Changing lifestyle of people and community.
- smart lifestyle: Researching new innovations for a better life.
- Open innovation: Discovering new ideas that will help create the future.
Mission for the future Benefits and opportunities
Startups selected to advance in this program will launch an incubation and commercial acceleration program with the LG NOVA team to further test and explore business ideas. These companies may also qualify for the following benefits:
- Partner with LG for potential opportunities to develop multi-million dollar engagements as new companies within LG’s global innovation portfolio.
- Receive grant of up to USD 100,000 for pilots, proofs of concept (POCs) or development.
- Receive resources and potential investments of LG Electronics, LG Display and other LG NOVA affiliates that can amount to millions of dollars.
Important dates and program timeline
The deadline to submit your proposal is October 20 – Apply now!
- Mid October to December: Evaluation and selection process. LG NOVA can invite companies to pitch their idea to the LG team and collaborate with EIRs.
- From January 2023: Proposal idea/pilot formation process with LG NOVA Incubation team. The engagement process continues.
Selected companies will enter into a six to nine month partnership process with LG. This will be a time for evaluation, testing and piloting. A maximum of 10 companies will be selected as finalists.
Are you eligible for LG NOVA’s mission going forward?
The Mission for the Future 2022 is open to all types of applicants, including:
- Companies of all sizes
- Academic researchers
- Research institutions
Teams and partnerships of one or more individuals or companies can also register.
Why work with LG NOVA?
LG NOVA’s Entrepreneurs-in-Residence are well versed in what it takes to take a business from startup to scale-up and beyond. They are motivated to market fit, advance product customer testing, align resources, find capital, facilitate introductions, and expand application ideas to help startups succeed. Furthermore, LG NOVA benefits from its strong network of business partners, public and private organizations, consultants and industry leaders who are ready to build a brighter future.
Ready to partner with LG NOVA and scale your business globally? Sign up today!
Sharing is caring!