7.8 C
London
Wednesday, September 28, 2022

Body found after man went missing from boat off Dorset coast

Must read

Senate announces deal to fund government ahead of Friday deadline to avoid shutdown

WASHINGTON — The Senate voted Tuesday to continue funding the government until mid-December, ahead of a Friday deadline to avoid a shutdown.The 72-23 procedural...

BMW’s most powerful SUV is a plug-in hybrid • londonbusinessblog.com

BMW raised the curtain on Tuesday for a powerful plug-in hybrid SUV intended to lure buyers from the ultra-luxury segment Lamborghini Urus and Aston...

NASA sings ‘I don’t want to miss a thing’ as DART spacecraft hits asteroid • londonbusinessblog.com

To get a roundup of londonbusinessblog.com's biggest and most important stories delivered to your inbox every day at 3 p.m. PDT, subscribe here. At londonbusinessblog.com,...

Limit reached – Join the EU Startups CLUB

€147/quarter This option is ideal for companies and investors who want to keep up to date with Europe's most promising startups, have full access...
Shreya Christinahttps://londonbusinessblog.com
Shreya has been with londonbusinessblog.com for 3 years, writing copy for client websites, blog posts, EDMs and other mediums to engage readers and encourage action. By collaborating with clients, our SEO manager and the wider londonbusinessblog.com team, Shreya seeks to understand an audience before creating memorable, persuasive copy.
A

body has been recovered in the search for a man who was thought to have fallen from a boat off the Dorset coast almost two weeks ago.

The body is believed to be that of David Haw, police said, although formal identification has yet to take place.

The 24-year-old, from Sussex, had been missing since police received a report in the early hours of May 2 that he had fallen off a rigid inflatable boat in Poole Harbour.

On Saturday, Dorset Police said they received a report at 1.37pm that a body had been found in the water in the harbour.

Police said an investigation into the circumstances surrounding the incident, led by Dorset Police’s Major Crime Investigation Team (MCIT), is still ongoing.

A 19-year-old man from Southampton, who was arrested on suspicion of manslaughter, remains released under investigation.

Detective Inspector Simon Huxter, of MCIT, said: “David’s family have been kept fully updated and our thoughts are very much with them and all David’s loved ones at this extremely difficult time.

“We will continue to do all we can to support them.

“I would like to thank everyone who was involved in the searches since David went missing for their efforts.”

Extensive searches had been carried out in the days following the incident, involving the RNLI, HM Coastguard, police, Dorset Search and Rescue and specialist dive teams.

More articles

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

Latest article

Senate announces deal to fund government ahead of Friday deadline to avoid shutdown

WASHINGTON — The Senate voted Tuesday to continue funding the government until mid-December, ahead of a Friday deadline to avoid a shutdown.The 72-23 procedural...

BMW’s most powerful SUV is a plug-in hybrid • londonbusinessblog.com

BMW raised the curtain on Tuesday for a powerful plug-in hybrid SUV intended to lure buyers from the ultra-luxury segment Lamborghini Urus and Aston...

NASA sings ‘I don’t want to miss a thing’ as DART spacecraft hits asteroid • londonbusinessblog.com

To get a roundup of londonbusinessblog.com's biggest and most important stories delivered to your inbox every day at 3 p.m. PDT, subscribe here. At londonbusinessblog.com,...

Limit reached – Join the EU Startups CLUB

€147/quarter This option is ideal for companies and investors who want to keep up to date with Europe's most promising startups, have full access...

‘Siri for work’ automation startup ybot raises $4.6 million

Sydney startup ybot, a voice-activated autonomous work assistant, has raised $4.6 million in a seed round led by US VC Florida Funders, The capital injection...