Hello and welcome back to Equitya podcast about the business of startups, where we dig into the numbers and nuance behind the headlines.
Alex and Elegance are back to cover the biggest, boldest and worst technology news. We will be back on Tuesday, because yesterday the United States was free. So a day late, but hopefully not a dollar short, here’s what we started today:
- Shares are mixed around the world and will fall in the open in the United States. At the same time, the crypto market has been somewhat relaxed in the past day.
- Sequoia Capital China raises $9 billion, a huge amount of money at a time when we have venture capital activity in China has slowed†
- Speaking of slowing venture capital, Indian activity is declining† That delay comes when the the country’s crypto market is under pressure†
- At the same time, Twitter is pushing back against the Indian government bullying, which is a good thing. But perhaps less good for Elon Musk, who buys the social network and wants to sell imported cars in the country.
- Finally we hit a possible database breach in Chinastruggles at Vauld, a new climate technology fund and news from the quantum front.
All that and we had a good time! We’ll be back tomorrow morning and Friday morning!
Shares drop every Monday at 7am PDT and Wednesday and Friday at 6am PDT, so subscribe to us Apple Podcasts† Cloudy† Spotify aand all casts.