5.5 C
London
Friday, December 2, 2022

Firefighters called to blaze at Clapham pizzeria – South London News

Must read

Closing arguments begin in the Trump Organization tax fraud case

Closing arguments began Thursday in the tax fraud case against the Trump Organization, which is accused of a sweeping, 15-year scheme to compensate top...

Medibank Hackers Declare ‘Case Closed’ As Hoard Of Stolen Data Is Released • londonbusinessblog.com

The cybercriminals behind the Medibank ransomware attack have published what appears to be the rest of the data stolen from the Australian health insurance...

Coinbase says Apple forced it to remove NFT transfers from its iOS wallet

Coinbase has accused Apple of forcing it to remove NFT transfers from the Wallet app on iOS. On Thursday, it tweeted that Apple...

Hour One’s $20 Million Deck • londonbusinessblog.com

Over the yearshas Mike Butcher covered Hour one a number of times here on londonbusinessblog.com. The company uses AI to create text-to-video solutions...
Shreya Christinahttps://londonbusinessblog.com
Shreya has been with londonbusinessblog.com for 3 years, writing copy for client websites, blog posts, EDMs and other mediums to engage readers and encourage action. By collaborating with clients, our SEO manager and the wider londonbusinessblog.com team, Shreya seeks to understand an audience before creating memorable, persuasive copy.

Firefighters were called to put out a blaze at a pizzeria in Clapham on Monday.

Four fire engines and around 25 firefighters were called to the takeaway pizza shop with flats above in North Street in the early hours of the morning.

Part of the ground and first floors of the building and part of the external extraction system were damaged by fire.

A man and a woman were treated on the scene by London Ambulance Service crews after suffering from smoke inhalation.

The fire is believed to have been accidental and caused by hot embers coming into contact with built-up grease in the extraction system above the pizza oven.

A London Fire Brigade spokesman said: “We’d like to remind restaurant and takeaway owners to ensure they don’t have dirty ducting.

“If you don’t clean the ducting in your extraction system regularly, you’re at a greater risk of ducting fires.

“You should also make sure you keep the hob, cooker hood and extractor fan clean too – built up fat and grease can ignite and cause a fire.”

The Brigade was called shortly before 3.30am and the fire was under control by just after 5am.

Fire crews from Clapham, Battersea, Brixton and Lambeth fire stations attended the scene.

More articles

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

Latest article

Closing arguments begin in the Trump Organization tax fraud case

Closing arguments began Thursday in the tax fraud case against the Trump Organization, which is accused of a sweeping, 15-year scheme to compensate top...

Medibank Hackers Declare ‘Case Closed’ As Hoard Of Stolen Data Is Released • londonbusinessblog.com

The cybercriminals behind the Medibank ransomware attack have published what appears to be the rest of the data stolen from the Australian health insurance...

Coinbase says Apple forced it to remove NFT transfers from its iOS wallet

Coinbase has accused Apple of forcing it to remove NFT transfers from the Wallet app on iOS. On Thursday, it tweeted that Apple...

Hour One’s $20 Million Deck • londonbusinessblog.com

Over the yearshas Mike Butcher covered Hour one a number of times here on londonbusinessblog.com. The company uses AI to create text-to-video solutions...

How taking solo retreats is beneficial for founders and entrepreneurs

Opinions expressed by londonbusinessblog.com contributors are their own. A while ago I flew from Minneapolis to Panama City and then took a water taxi to...