If you’re an Amazon business owner, you must be familiar with the challenges that come with managing inventories and keeping your online store profitable. This is where Amazon automation comes into play. In this article, we talk about what automation means for Amazon sellers and how you can make over 100k per year. Read on!
What is Amazon Automation?
Amazon automation generally refers to two things:
- Hiring an agency to run your Amazon store
- Automating tasks within your business
Agencies that offer to run your store typically offer to:
- Research high-demand, low-competition products
- Negotiate with suppliers
- Handle shipments from suppliers to Amazon
- Set up your Amazon store
- Optimize your Amazon listings
- Manage PPC campaigns
- Manage the business
- Share profits with you
Meanwhile, the other form of automation means automating specific tasks within your business to improve its efficiency, performance, sales, and time management. This allows you to focus on high-level strategies instead of tedious tasks.
Fulfillment by Amazon (FBA) is considered a form of automation. FBA does everything from maintaining inventory to packing and shipping products for you. This is usually only the first step by sellers into full Amazon automation.
Importance of Automation for Sellers
Amazon automation helps sellers with limited budgets and time. Instead of focusing on routine tasks, they can concentrate on growing their business while earning passive income.
Moreover, FBA can position you better with customers. For instance, your products qualify for Prime’s free two-day shipping. You gain the status of being a trusted Amazon source, which can appeal to more customers.
On the other hand, FBA isn’t free. You’ll shoulder fulfillment fees, storage costs, and other fees associated with things like returns processing, oversized items, and long-term inventory storage.
Alternatively, you can hire an Amazon automation partner.
What is an Amazon Automation Store?
You can hire a team or company to run your Amazon business. Such a company provides turnkey services beyond fulfillment, including listings optimization, order tracking, and inventory management.
Essentially, the team prepares your business to scale using their experience. You don’t need to deal with product mixes, pricing, supply chain management, or marketing.
One such company is VP Ecom LLC. Unlike other automation providers, though, this company offers a “hybrid – 2 step model’ that gives them and their partners the benefits of drop-shipping while being suspension-free like FBA. Visit VPEcom.com to know more about them.
How to Scale Your Business Using Amazon Automation
Amazon automation can also be a technology solution. Instead of just focusing on order fulfillment, automation solutions also:
- Optimize your product listings. This includes researching for keywords and testing them to rank your product higher in competitive listings.
- Manage your PPC campaigns. This ensures your ads get greater visibility for the best price.
- Protect your brand. Product monitoring automation tools protect your listings from hijackers, price changes, list changes, and more.
- Provide bookkeeping. Amazon automation solutions offer good accounting software.
- Manage feedback and product reviews. Automation solutions help you quickly manage reviews and build unique feedback campaigns.
- Manage your inventory. This helps you monitor stock levels and decide when to re-order. You won’t have to continually look at your Amazon reports.
- Calculate your profits and losses. Automation solutions quickly calculate your net profits and losses.
- Automated email campaigns. This solution doesn’t only create emails; it also ensures your emails go to your target audience and track which emails are more effective than others.
You may also take advantage of chatbots to respond to routine queries. The more sophisticated ones use AI to “learn” from users and develop correct responses. All of these functions can be integrated into a single platform if you choose the right Amazon automation vendor, helping you scale your business.