Iberdrola believes that preserving the biological diversity of ecosystems is essential to ensure a competitive, clean and sustainable energy supply. To maintain environmental balance, Iberdrola aims to fully conserve biodiversity by 2030. In this regard, Iberdrola launches the Decarbonization and electrification of the startup challenge in the agriculture and livestock sector†
Join Iberdrola on their journey towards sustainable innovation and decarbonisation
In recent years, Iberdrola has taken more than 1 450 actions to protect biodiversity, combining the development of sustainable projects with the preservation of the diversity of flora and fauna and natural heritage. Iberdrola has set itself a reforestation target of 20 million trees by the end of the decade, capable of capturing about six million tons of carbon dioxide (CO2) in 30 years.
Through the International Startup Program, PERSEOand in collaboration with ASAYA and WOLARIAIberdrola is looking for innovative solutions that enable the decarbonization and electrification of the agricultural and livestock sector, promote the diffusion of renewable energy sources in rural areas and the electrification of rural areas.
Scale your business with the WOLARIA Open Innovation Program
The Junta de Castilla y León, through the Institute for Business Competitiveness (ICE), facilitates the entry of startups to the market. ICE, through its WOLARIA Open Innovation program, in partnership with Iberdrola, has launched this program to solve the challenges of the benchmark industries and entities in the region.
ICE works to strengthen the business fabric in the community, with support and funding for entrepreneurship, business growth and investment, research, development and innovation. It provides a comprehensive service to entrepreneurs and promotes companies with high growth potential through WOLARIA, the region’s startup accelerator.
Are you building sustainable agricultural and livestock solutions?
The aim of the challenge is to promote and support emission-free agriculture and livestock farming. Areas of interest include solutions for energy efficiency, self-consumption and sustainable mobility.
The challenge focuses on measures in favor of biodiversity conservation, carbon sequestration, the circular economy and the promotion of new zero-emission fertilizers, such as:
- Energy efficiency and self-consumption monitoring: To reduce energy consumption emissions for air conditioning, irrigation and other mechanized processes in rural areas.
- Sustainable Mobility & Electrification: To reduce emissions from using fossil fuels for mobility and operating agricultural machinery.
- Emission-free fertilizer: To reduce emissions of synthetic fertilizers.
- Circular economy and reduction of methane emissions: Solutions and business models that enable zero-emission management of agricultural and livestock waste, as well as emissions from animal digestive processes.
- Carbon capture and biodiversity conservation: Solutions that enable the capture of CO2 in the soil and the generation of carbon credits.
Discover the exciting prize and benefits up for grabs & Sign up today†
The prize will consist of a collaboration and test agreement with PERSEO or another group company, which:
- Support the costs of the activities
- Provide the winner with all necessary technical support
- Access a site and real data to test the solution
- Access to equipment, teams, infrastructure, high-tech locations and shared work areas
In addition, the startup has the ability to: receive strategic and market advice from the Competitiveness Institute of Castilla y León as part of its WOLARIA programme.
If the test or test of the concept is satisfactory, Iberdrola can offer the winner the opportunity to scale up and adapt the solution through commercial agreements. In addition, PERSEO will: consider investing in the participating company and/or the winner of the challenge!
The selected project will be carried out in collaboration with technical specialists from the Iberdrola Renewables area.
What are the evaluation criteria?
The team of experts from Iberdrola, ASAJA and WOLARIA will select the innovative solution(s) that will enable the decarbonization and electrification of agriculture and livestock. The following factors are taken into account, among others:
- The degree of electrification of the proposal (if applicable),
- Degree of emission reduction and environmental friendliness
- Solution and business maturity, reliability and scalability
- Simplicity of installation and operation of the solution
- Cost of investment and operation of the solution
- Current Cost Optimization
Important dates for the Iberdrola Decarbonization & Electrification of the Agricultural & Livestock Sector Startup Challenge
Applications are now open!
- Deadline for submission: July 10, 2022
- Application evaluation period: July-August 2022
- Pilot Project: 2022
Ready to scale up your innovative solution and join Iberdrola’s decarbonization journey? Apply now!
Sharing is caring!