Ibrahima Konate is a French professional footballer who plays as a center back for Premier League club Liverpool and the French national team. Konaté started his career with Sochaux before joining RB Leipzig in 2017. Liverpool signed him in 2021 for a fee of £36 million after four years at the club.
|Date of birth||May 25, 1999|
|Age in 2022||23|
|Height||6 ft 4 in|
|Net value||€5 million|
Biography of Ibrahima Konate
Ibrahima Konate was born on May 24, 1999. His hometown is Paris, France. He was born into a large family, where he is most likely the youngest child. Insight into his family has been left alone and has not been revealed at this time. He grew up with his younger brother, Moriba Konate. He is of French descent. He belongs to the African identity. His faith is Islam. Gemini is his astrological sign.
Ibrahima Konaté Height, weight
Konate maintains its height of 1.94 m, or 6 feet and 4 inches. He weighs 95 kilograms. He has an athletic body type. His eyes are a dull earthy color and his hair is dark. His sexual orientation is straight.
- He started playing football for the Paris FC youth group in 2009 and continued until 2014.
- He joined Sochaux’s young squad in 2014, making his debut for the club on February 7, 2017, at the age of 17, in a 1-0 defeat to AJ Auxerre.
- In a 2-2 draw with Chamois Niort on 7 April 2017, he scored his first expert goal. During the 2016-17 season, he appeared and scored once in each of the rivalries.
- He signed a five-year contract with RB Leipzig in the Bundesliga on June 12, 2017 and made his debut on October 1, 2017 in a 2-1 win over 1. FC Koln. In his first season, he appeared in every game.
- During the 2018-2019 season, he appeared for the club, scoring three goals and providing one assist in every game. During the 2019-20 season, he was kept off the field for the remainder of the season due to a physical problem, finishing that season with 11 appearances across all rivalries.
- During the 2020-2021 season, he played for the club, scoring once in every match. Liverpool announced his transfer from RB Leipzig on 28 May 2021, having settled his £36 million delivery fee.
- He scored his first goal for RB Leipzig in a 3-1 win over Universitatea Craiova.
- He now plays for Liverpool in the Premier League, one of the best teams in the world.
- Konate made 27 appearances in his first season in English football and only in his second season did he consistently play in the Champions League.
The Net Worth of Ibrahima Konate
The central defender signed a contract with Liverpool in August 2021 that will pay him a whopping EUR 4 million (£3.3 million) a year. According to our calculations, he makes €4,957 (£4,281) per day and €207 (£178) per hour!
The French centre-back rose through the ranks at FC Sochaux-Montbéliard before joining RB Leipzig in Germany. The youngster has a net worth of around 14 million euros (12.3 million pounds); as one of the world’s top defensive prospects, its market value is over €45 million (£39 million). Liverpool pay him a large salary, so we are confident that his net worth will increase in the coming years.
Properties and cars
In 2017, the Frenchman moved to Germany to work at RB Leipzig. He signed a contract extension with the club in 2019 that will keep him there until 2023. Suffice it to say that the defender is at home in Leipzig.
For the 20-year-old central defender, it is still the team bus. One of the most exciting defensive prospects in the game, it won’t be long before he’s seen in a hot pair of wheels!
Ibrahima Konaté Girlfriend & Dating
People often assume that he is already in a relationship because he is a top talent and potential player. Ibrahim Konate, on the other hand, is only 22 years old, is single and not looking for a relationship.
According to his social media profiles and media interactions, the central defender is currently only focused on his professional career and does not appear to have anything to do with anyone.
Awards and Achievement
On matchday 7 of the 2017/18 season, he made his Bundesliga debut at the age of 18, kicking off the team’s 2-1 win over Cologne. That was the first of 16 Premier League appearances for club captain and fellow centre-back, Willi Orban, that season. Konate established himself in the first team in 2018/19, starting 27 league games and scoring his first goal against Fortuna Düsseldorf on matchday 19 to help Die Roten Bullen finish third in the Bundesliga and second in the cup.
Konate has been a French youth international since the U16 level, and despite stiff competition at the senior international level from the likes of Raphael Varane and Samuel Umtiti, he is expected to become a fixture for Les Bleus sooner or later. Due to serious muscle and ankle injuries, Konate’s appearances in 2019/20 and 2020/21 have been limited, but Leipzig are unbeaten in the last 28 Bundesliga games that Konate has started, demonstrating his importance to his team when he has played.
- Admitting you love Sergio Ramos isn’t the best way to make friends in Liverpool, but Konate’s admiration for the Real Madrid star is undeniable.
- The first thing you notice about Konate is its sheer size. He stands 6’4 and seems to eat nothing but metal for breakfast.
- Despite being only 22 years old, Konate has a long injury history, which is worrying.
- “He’s so good he could play for Real Madrid or Barcelona someday.”
- He also lives by the adage, “Not everyone who worked hard was rewarded, but everyone who succeeded worked hard.”