Founded in 2019, EIT Manufacturing brings together a growing network of high-quality industrial partners, leading academics and research institutions from across the region, and innovative startups, scale-ups and small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs). In this way, the EIT Production BoostUp! 2022 Startup Competition contributes to making Europe and its manufacturing sector more competitive and sustainable.
Discover the EIT Manufacturing BoostUp! 2022 Startup Competition
EIT Production BoostUp! 2022 is a pan-European competition that aims to support startups that have demonstrated unique use cases for integration of their solution – pilots and/or proof of concept (PoCs) – with a major manufacturing company.
The aim of this competition is to showcase the next generation of European manufacturing innovators and highlight new technology use cases. More specifically, BoostUp! 2022 is dedicated to supporting solutions to industrial challenges under the flagship themes of EIT Manufacturing:
- Flexible Manufacturing Systems for Competitive Manufacturing
- Low carbon footprint and circular economy systems for green production
- Digital and Collaborative Solutions for Innovative Manufacturing Ecosystems
- Human-machine collaboration for socially sustainable production
Discover the exciting benefits of BoostUp from EIT Manufacturing! 2022
The BoostUp! 2022 competition is open to startups that have demonstrated their solution at a manufacturing company and want to showcase their work with the ambition to further scale their technology.
Up to eight startups will be selected to receive a cash prize of €20,000. There is also an additional cash prize of €5,000 for:
- The best-ranked startup from a EIT RIS Country
- The top-ranked female-led startup where the CEO is a woman
In addition to cash prizes, startups also benefit from international recognition and publicity through EIT Manufacturing’s communication channels, as well as:
- Customized access to market and financial support
- Access to the EIT Manufacturing network
Does your company qualify for EIT Manufacturing BoostUp! 2022?
Apply at BoostUp! 2022, your company must meet the following eligibility criteria:
- Are founded in 2017 or later and are actively looking to scale up
- Have a solution with Technology Readiness Level 7 or higher that falls within one of EIT Manufacturing’s flagships (listed above)
- Have completed a pilot or POC with a manufacturing company between July 31, 2021 and July 31, 2022 (minimum global revenue in 2021 of €50 million)
- Have a dedicated full-time team (minimum 2 people)
- Have cumulative commercial income of €5 million or less since the date of their legal incorporation
Startups that have signed up to previous EIT Manufacturing BoostUp! Competitions, but who have not participated further, are also eligible to apply.
Important dates & BoostUp! 2022 timeline
The closing date for applications is 31 July 2022.
The pinnacle of EIT Manufacturing BoostUp! 2022 will take place in Athens, Greece on October 7, 2022 – with an exclusive networking and matchmaking soiree where the twenty startup finalists can meet international experts, corporate manufacturing executives and investors.
EIT Manufacturing – Enabling Innovation!
Ready to accelerate your startup with EIT Manufacturing BoostUp! 2022? Click here to apply!
Sharing is caring!