TE Connectivity develops high-tech solutions for electric vehicles, aircraft, digital factories and smart homes. For more than 75 years, TE has partnered with customers to produce connectivity and sensing products that enable a connected world. With a strong focus on reliability and sustainability, TE’s comprehensive product range enables companies – both large and small – to turn ideas into technology that changes how the world works and lives tomorrow. In this context, TE launches the Startup Challenge “Power Up with E-Mobility”!
Discover the “Power Up with E-mobility” Startup Challenge
Since its inception, TE Connectivity has been one of the leading players in mobility electrification, cooperating with almost all automotive OEMs and premium suppliers worldwide. Essentially, almost every car has a TE component in it!
The “Power Up with E-mobility” Startup Challenge is open to startups, small businesses and university research teams and spin-offs working on technical solutions in four specific categories:
- Connect: TE seeks next-generation connectivity solutions that are faster, smaller, more reliable and more efficient. How do you get more out of less?
- To protect: Pushing boundaries in power and power density, also in combination with increased high-speed data communication, must be managed carefully. How do you make E-mobility safer?
- Feeling: Data can help improve almost anything – what insights do you generate to improve the performance of e-mobility solutions?
- Other: Are you helping electric mobility in a different way? Do not hesitate to apply! TE is always interested in innovative technologies that enable the future of e-mobility.
In addition, your solution must at least Technology Readiness Level 6.
For more background information, TE is building high voltage connectivity and sensor solutions that provide the electrical foundation for safe and reliable zero-emission cars. TE’s range of EV products covers the full spectrum of EV energy transfer – providing safe, reliable, durable and efficient electrical system connectivity that meets the higher power ratings and higher thermal and vibration requirements demanded by design engineers.
Discover the benefits of the “Power Up with E-mobility” Startup Challenge
Six top candidates will be invited to an exclusive internal pitching event where you will have the opportunity to interact with TE engineering and business leadership, as well as subject matter experts. In addition to the cash prize, TE is offering the following benefits to all six finalists::
- Money price: USD 30,000 for one eventual winner, with no shares and no obligations.
- Expert collaboration: Close interaction with TE Engineering in an intensive and intimate two-day collaboration.
- Internal access: Benefit from access to TE’s experts, products, tools, processes and data, as well as its deep understanding of automotive and transportation industry requirements.
- Executive Networking: Meet senior TE leadership from its Business, Engineering, Strategy, M&A and Marketing teams.
- Potential pilot project: TE can offer the six finalists the opportunity to then collaborate on a Proof of Concept (PoC) or pilot project with TE’s Transportation Solutions Segment.
- Worldwide publicity: A public press release of the six finalists and the winner via TE’s communication channels.
Your applications will be judged by the leadership roles of TE’s Transportation Solutions Segment, which consists of four business units: Automotive, Industrial & Commercial Transportation, Sensors & Application Tooling, as well as Business Unit Leadership from TE’s Senior Engineering, Product Management, Strategy & Marketing teams.
Important Challenge Dates and Timeline
- The last date to submit your application is October 31, 2022.
- Applications Evaluation ends at the end of November 2022.
- Virtual pitching events will be held between December 6 and 8, 2022.
More about the Exclusive Virtual Pitching Events
Day 1: December 6, 2022 – An exclusive pitching event for the six finalists will be held online in front of a global TE internal audience.
Day 2: December 7, 2022 – After the Pitching Event, each finalist will be paired up with a team of pre-selected TE engineers for a virtual collaborative session. The total time window of this teamwork will be approximately 40 hours. The purpose of the collaboration is to apply applicants’ technology to a new or improved product, process or service.
Day 3: December 8, 2022 – Finally, on the third day, the joint proposals are presented with real-time scoring by a jury, followed by winner selection.
Sharing is caring!