The Hollywood star was charged with four counts of sexual assault against three men on Thursday after an investigation by British police.
The Crown Prosecution Service said the 62-year-old actor was also accused of causing a person to engage in sexual activity without consent.
In a statement released to Good Morning America through a spokesperson on Tuesday, Mr Spacey said he was “disappointed” with the decision to authorise charges but that he will travel to the UK to defend himself against them.
“I very much appreciate the Crown Prosecution Service’s statement in which they carefully reminded the media and the public that I am entitled to a fair trial, and innocent until proven otherwise,” a spokesman for Spacey said in the statement.
“While I am disappointed with their decision to move forward, I will voluntarily appear in the U.K. as soon as can be arranged and defend myself against these charges, which I am confident will prove my innocence.”
In a statement last week, the CPS said the charges relate to alleged incidents in London and Gloucestershire between March 2005 and April 2013.
Rosemary Ainslie, Head of the CPS Special Crime Division, said: “The CPS has authorised criminal charges against Kevin Spacey, 62, for four counts of sexual assault against three men.
“The CPS has also authorised one charge of causing a person to engage in penetrative sexual activity without consent.
“The authority to charge follows a review of the evidence gathered by the Metropolitan Police in its investigation.
“The Crown Prosecution Service reminds all concerned that criminal proceedings against Mr Spacey are active and that he has the right to a fair trial.”