True to its reputation as a leader in sustainable innovation, Iberdrola is back with a new startup challenge! The Iberdrola Nature-inclusive solutions for offshore wind farms Startup Challenge is looking for startups working to deliver a net positive impact on biodiversity – specific to the ocean ecosystem.
Preserving the planet and the well-being of people are priorities for Iberdrola. This principle also determines the entire business strategy and business model. In a scenario characterized by strong growth in global energy demand, Iberdrola is therefore working to build a new energy model where nature and people are at the center of sustainable development.
Find out how your solution helps Iberdrola protect marine ecosystems
Iberdrola is committed to integrating biodiversity conservation into decision-making, minimizing problems and establishing programs to reverse and offset the negative impacts of energy infrastructure. In addition, the significant expansion of its offshore wind pipeline puts Iberdrola in an optimal position to participate in auctions and tenders scheduled for the coming months. This has consequences for the new growth platforms for both projects in the existing pipeline and for new pipelines.
In this context, through the International Startup Program – PERSEO, Iberdrola invites high-quality innovative proposals that aim to develop, test or monitor nature-inclusive solutions that can be implemented in an offshore wind farm environment. Your solutions may fall under one of these focus areas:
- Abrasion protection solutions for submarine infrastructure and cablesfor example – the use of sustainable materials, custom design that promotes marine biodiversity, planting seaweed, etc.
- Foundation design changes to incorporate spaces for wildlife such as seal retrieval platforms, artificial reef structures, shellfish cages, and more.
- Reduction of the collision risk of wind turbine generators.
- Blue carbon capture initiatives that promote the growth of ecosystems and healthy marine habitats alongside developments in offshore wind.
- Detection and Surveillance Techniques and Equipment to monitor changes in biodiversity and the environment.
However, Iberdrola is open to all your ideas! If you think your solution meets the overall objectives of the challenge, don’t hesitate to apply!
Discover your benefits of working with Iberdrola
Iberdrola is no stranger to working with startups and emerging companies. Over the past two years, Iberdrola has launched more than 18 Global Startup Challenges to address pressing issues in today’s energy networks. Your benefits include:
- Collaboration Agreement & Pilot Test: The prize for the winner consists of a cooperation and testing agreement with PERSEO or another Iberdrola group company. The group will support the costs of the pilot activities.
- Access to all areas: Iberdrola will provide the winner with all necessary technical support, as well as a site and real data to test the solution. This includes access to equipment, teams, infrastructure, high-tech locations and shared work areas.
- Scale your technology: If the pilot test is satisfactory, Iberdrola may offer the winner the opportunity to scale up the solution by customizing it through commercial agreements.
- Investment: In addition, PERSEO is considering investing in the participating company and/or the winner of the challenge.
Ready to scale your solutions to protect ocean ecosystems?
In assessing your proposals, Iberdrola will consider, among others, the following value propositions:
- The maturity, reliability and durability of the solution
- Easy installation and maintenance
- Investment and operational costs
- Scalability of the solution for these and other applications in the electricity sector
Your proposals will be assessed by experts from Iberdrola’s Generation group.
Application Deadline: September 30, 2022
- Evaluation of proposals: October-December 2022
- Start of pilot project: 2023
Don’t miss this great opportunity to promote sustainable innovation!
Sharing is caring!