3.2 C
London
Wednesday, December 7, 2022

Netflix and Apple TV+ ‘withdraw interest for Will Smith biopic’ after Oscars slap

Must read

Only half of India’s listed companies are committed to net carbon emissions: WTW

Most companies are wary of climate-related disclosures and are bogged down by high assessment costs, lack of regulatory mandate, etc. From SEBI mandate,...

Meet Shaunyl Benson, Criss Angel’s Wife: Her Kids, Cesarean Section, Pregnancy, Marriage

Shaunyl Benson is an American artist known as the wife of the popular American magician and illusionist Chris Angel. Her husband is considered...

Wireless sensors for secondary substations

A global leader in renewable energy, Iberdrola has more than 400,000 secondary substations across the United States, Brazil, the United Kingdom and Spain. ...

McConnell and McCarthy were snubbed by January 6 heroes. Good.

There is no question that our country is still incredibly divided after the deadly Capitol uprising on January 6, 2021. But congressional Republicans and...
Shreya Christinahttps://londonbusinessblog.com
Shreya has been with londonbusinessblog.com for 3 years, writing copy for client websites, blog posts, EDMs and other mediums to engage readers and encourage action. By collaborating with clients, our SEO manager and the wider londonbusinessblog.com team, Shreya seeks to understand an audience before creating memorable, persuasive copy.
N

etflix and Apple TV+ have reportedly withdrawn their interest to produce a biopic about Will Smith in the fallout of the Oscars slap.

It was claimed the streaming giants were locked in a bidding war to secure the rights to a film based on the I Am Legend star’s best-selling autobiography which came out last year.

Now it has said the companies have “quietly withdrawn” their offers after Smith, 53, stormed the stage at last week’s Oscars and struck Chris Rock for making a bald joke about his wife Jada Pinkett Smith who suffers with hair loss condition alopecia.

A source told The Sun: “Netflix and Apple+ have quietly removed their bids for a Will Smith biopic and will instead relocate the funds and develop original ideas from new black actors.

“Working with Will has become a risky business. They now plan on developing ideas with more family friendly stars like Mike Epps and Michael B. Jordan.”

Plans for a fourth Bad Boys movie are currently on hold. Smith’s Netflix project Fast And Loose also has been put on ice.

Smith stood down from the Academy last week and he said his actions were “inexcusable” in a statement.

The Academy accepted his resignation amid the pending investigation.

A decision is set to be made on April 18 as to whether or not he can keep his Best Actor Oscar for King Richard which he was awarded moments after slapping Rock.

He has also issued an apology to Rock on social media. “I was out of line and I was wrong. I am embarrassed and my actions were not indicative of the man I want to be.” He said.

“There is no place for violence in a world of love and kindness.”

The Standard has reached out to Netflix, Apple TV+ and Will Smith’s representatives for further comment.

More articles

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

Latest article

Only half of India’s listed companies are committed to net carbon emissions: WTW

Most companies are wary of climate-related disclosures and are bogged down by high assessment costs, lack of regulatory mandate, etc. From SEBI mandate,...

Meet Shaunyl Benson, Criss Angel’s Wife: Her Kids, Cesarean Section, Pregnancy, Marriage

Shaunyl Benson is an American artist known as the wife of the popular American magician and illusionist Chris Angel. Her husband is considered...

Wireless sensors for secondary substations

A global leader in renewable energy, Iberdrola has more than 400,000 secondary substations across the United States, Brazil, the United Kingdom and Spain. ...

McConnell and McCarthy were snubbed by January 6 heroes. Good.

There is no question that our country is still incredibly divided after the deadly Capitol uprising on January 6, 2021. But congressional Republicans and...

Uber and Motional launch robotaxi service in Las Vegas londonbusinessblog.com

Uber and Motional, the Hyundai-Aptiv joint venture focused on commercializing self-driving technology, have launched a robotaxi service in Las Vegas — the first step...

Contents