Former House Speaker Nancy Pelosi said Thursday she’s not sure she’ll watch the soon-to-be-released body camera video of an officer responding to the brutal attack on her husband last year at their San Francisco home.
The police video is scheduled for Friday, according to a San Francisco Superior Court advisory ordered by a judge.
Asked if she would watch the video, Pelosi, D-Calif., said she doesn’t know.
“I mean, it would be very hard to see an attempt on my husband’s life,” she told reporters on Capitol Hill.
A judge this week granted a motion filed by NBC News, The New York Times and other news organizations asking that evidence be made public in the case of David DePape, accused of assaulting Paul Pelosi.
The evidence includes video from a body camera worn by an officer responding to Pelosis’ home on Oct. 28, an 911 call from Paul Pelosi to the police, parts of a police interview with DePape, and security video of the recorded break-in. by the US Capitol Police.
DePape of Richmond, California is facing a pair of federal charges in connection with the attack, with DePape allegedly demanding the whereabouts of Paul Pelosi’s wife, then the speaker of the House, and attacking him with a hammer. He also faces related state charges. DePape has pleaded not guilty.
Pelosi, who was in Washington, D.C. at the time of the attack, said her husband’s recovery is ongoing.
“It’s a day at the time,” she said Thursday. “He’s made some progress, but it’s going to be another three months or so, I think, before he’s back to normal.”
Pelosi, 82, underwent surgery to repair a skull fracture and injuries to his right arm and hands. He was in the hospital for about a week.