ecord Store Day (RSD) is an annual event involving more than 260 independent record shops across the UK, with thousands of stores across the world also taking part.
Hundreds of vinyls will be released just for RSD, and will be exclusively sold through brick-and-mortar record shops.
Many shops will also host performances to celebrate the day, so be sure to check with your local shop to see what they have planned.
If you want to get involved with this year’s Record Store Day, find out below which vinyls are being released and which London stores are taking part.
When is Record Store Day 2022?
Record Store Day is this Saturday, April 23, 2022. The day has been celebrated annually since 2008.
This year, Taylor Swift has been appointed as the first-ever global RSD ambassador.
In a statement, she said: “I’m very proud to be this year’s Ambassador for Record Store Day. The places where we go to browse and explore and discover music new and old have always been sacred to me.
“Record stores are so important because they help to perpetuate and foster music-loving as a passion. They create settings for live events. They employ people who adore music thoroughly and purely.”
Swift went on to say: “We need to support these small businesses more now than ever to make sure they can stay alive, stay eccentric, and stay individual.”
Record Store Day Release List 2022
Hundreds of records are set to be released on Record Store Day, April 23, and will be exclusively available to buy in record stores.
Music fans should be aware that due to manufacturing delays, some records will be released on June 18 instead, and that not all new releases will be available in every store.
Records released for Record Store Day include:
- Sunday Girl EP by Blondie
- Bustin’ + Dronin’ by Blur
- Kauai by Childish Gambino
- Remembering Dolores by The Cranberries
- Brilliant Adventure by David Bowie
- High n Dry by Def Leppard
- Donna Summer by Donna Summer
- L.A. Woman Sessions by The Doors
- The Complete Thom Bell Sessions by Elton John
- Blondes, Brunes & Rousses (It Happened At The World’s Fair) by Elvis Presley
- Ne:Ep by Erasure
- Praise You / Right Here Right Now Remixes by Fatboy Slim
- Making a Fire by Foo Fighters
- The Walls Are Way Too Thin by Holly Humberstone
- Berlin 91 by Iggy Pop
- Covers by James Blake
- Keane by Keane
- I’m So Free: 1971 RCA Dmos by Lou Reed
- Brightside (Acoustic) by The Lumineers
- #1 by Mariah Carey
- Live Seeds by Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds
- Women and Wives by Paul McCartney
- Live on Two Legs by Pearl Jam
- Live Blood by Peter Gabriel
- The Sire LPs 1981-1989 by Ramones
- Whenever You Need Somebody by Rick Astley
- Stereo Typical by Rizzle Kicks
- Alright/The Kitchen by Sam Fender
- The Nowhere Inn by St Vincent
- Rings Around the World, B-Sides by Super Furry Animals
- The Lakes by Taylor Swift
- A Celebration by U2
The full list of records can be found on the RSD website.
Record Store Day 2022 London Shops
The following record stores in London are taking part:
- Sounds of the Universe, Soho
- Sister Ray, Soho
- Phonica Records, Soho
- Honest Jon’s Records, King’s Cross
- Flashback Records. Islington
- Rough Trade East, Whitechapel
- Let it Roll, Kentish Town
- Shrubs & Dubs, Hackney
- Flashback Records, Shoreditch
- World of Echo, Bethnal Green
- Pure Vinyl, Brixton
- Lionvibes, Brixton
- Rough Trade West, Notting Hill
- Honest Jon’s Records, Notting Hill
- Peckham Soul, Peckham
- Stranger than Paradise, Hackney
- Vinyl Hunter, Bermondsey
- Lion Coffee & Records, Hackney
- Soul Brother, Putney
- Flashback Records, Crouch End
- Casbah Records, Greenwich
- The Book & Record Bar, Norwood
- The Flood Gallery LLP, Greenwich
- Les Aldrich, Muswell Hill
- Dreamhouse Records, Leyton
- Level Crossing Records, East Sheen
- Sleeve Notes Records, Richmond
Not all records will be available in every store, so check beforehand to see if your local shop has the record you’re looking for. Also be aware that stock may be limited, so you may need to arrive early to ensure you get your records before they sell out.