EIT digital challenge is a leading pan-European competition that aims to identify the best European deep tech entrepreneurs and help them scale internationally. EIT Digital Challenge 2022 is back for its 9th edition, seeking high-growth companies with a differentiated product offering that leverages advanced, hard-to-reproduce digital technologies.
Since its launch in 2014, the competition has attracted thousands of entries from more than 33 European countries. Many of the winning scale-ups have grown into internationally successful companies. Now it’s your turn to shine!
Do you build digital technology solutions?
The EIT Digital Challenge 2022 focuses on emerging deep tech scale-ups that create valuable innovations in the following five categories:
Digital technology: Inventing the digital future with core technologies that deliver secure, robust, responsive and intelligent communications and computing.
Digital cities: Serving cities with digital technologies addressing urban mobility, inclusive citizen engagement and public safety.
Digital Industry: The digital transformation of industry, from manufacturing to logistics and retail.
Digital Wellbeing: Safeguarding the health of youth, the working professional and the elderly by analyzing sensor data.
Digital Finance: The disruption of digital transactions and institutions with technologies that enable transparency, efficiency, security and trust.
Why should you sign up for the EIT Digital Challenge?
The 5 winners of EIT Digital Challenge 2022 will receive a waiver from access to the 12-month EIT Digital Accelerator Program. You will also get access to special services in international finance and business development by the EIT Digital Accelerator team.
The top 20 companies will be invited to an exclusive event to pitch to a panel of experts and investors. If you are one of them, you will have the chance to participate in matchmaking sessions with invited companies and investors.
Discover all the benefits of winning the EIT Digital Challenge
- Support for growth: A full year of tailor-made international growth support from the EIT Digital Accelerator worth €50,000 to scale your business.
- Fundraising Support: A dedicated team of experienced business developers and finance specialists operating from 17 major European cities and a Silicon Valley hub to support you in growing your business internationally and raising capital.
- Pan-European Innovation Network: You will have access to EIT Digital’s network of more than 350 renowned partners across Europe – from companies, small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs), start-ups, universities and research institutes.
- International visibility: EIT Digital will spread the word about your success and share your story through its well-connected offline and online channels and leading European media – giving your business a powerful international exposure.
Important dates and timeline for the EIT Digital Challenge
- Application deadline: September 19 – Submit your candidacy here!
- Calls of Shortlisted Candidates: September to October
- Announcement finalists: October
- Last event: October 27
EIT Digital evaluators will shortlist candidates like you who will be invited for individual calls. This will enable the evaluators to clearly understand the areas in which you need support, as well as your mission, vision and growth potential. The finalists are selected on the basis of these calls.
EIT Digital will then invite the finalists to the exclusive closed group event, where you will have the opportunity to present your pitch to investors, business leaders, journalists and representatives of EIT Digital.
Are you eligible for the EIT Digital Challenge 2022?
Growth-stage startups – scale-ups – can apply to five thematic areas: Digital Tech, Digital Industry, Digital Cities, Digital Wellbeing & Digital Finance. Companies wishing to apply should consider the following eligibility criteria for the EIT Digital Challenge:
- Your scale-up was founded after January 1, 2012
- Your scale-up is registered in the EU-27 or Horizon Europe Associated Countries
- Your scale-up has generated the following:
- minimum turnover of €300,000 in 2021, or,
- minimum turnover of €300,000 in the first semester (until June 30) of 2022, or,
- total equity financing to date of € 2,000,000.
EIT Digital examines the market and internationalization potential of your product or service as well as the quality of your core team.
The EIT Digital Challenge accelerates scale-ups
Discover the exciting solutions from the winners of the EIT Digital Challenge 2021:
- cub is an IT scale-up based in Bologna that enables distributed, encrypted and green cloud storage.
- based in Paris, Connect food is a food technology company that promotes food traceability through its blockchain-based solution.
- Upscaling in Hamburg Nect is shaping the future of digital identity with its fully automated AI-powered online identification solution.
Ready to scale your business and strengthen the European deep tech ecosystem?
Sharing is caring
- 1 Do you build digital technology solutions?
- 2 Why should you sign up for the EIT Digital Challenge?
- 3 Are you eligible for the EIT Digital Challenge 2022?
- 4 The EIT Digital Challenge accelerates scale-ups