Iberdrola, the leader in sustainable innovation in the energy industry, operates a network of more than 4400 high to medium voltage substations and more than 1.5 million medium to low voltage distribution transformers – built to provide a high quality and reliable service to a total of 31 million electricity points. To build a sustainable future and fight climate change, Iberdrola launches the Sustainable materials for networks Startup Challenge†
What is the Iberdrola Global Smart Grids Innovation Hub?
The Iberdrola Sustainable Materials for Networks Startup Challenge is launched as part of the new Global Smart Grids Innovation Hub. Iberdrola is building a global smart grid benchmark through open collaboration and collaboration between i-DE engineers, suppliers and startups, as well as various organizations from around the world.
Does your solution fit the Iberdrola Sustainable Materials for Networks challenge?
In total, Iberdrola operates more than 1.1 million kilometers of electricity transmission and distribution lines in the US, Brazil, UK and Spain.
In this regard, Iberdrola, through its International Startup Program – PERSEO and as part of the Global Smart Grids Innovation Hub, seeks new materials and designs, as well as fabrication and construction methods for electrical substations and very high voltage power lines. Suggestions may include:
- Optimization of the use of project materials, for example in metal structures
- Replacing the use of current materials with new, more sustainable materials
- Optimization of civil works
- Efficient disposal of power plants
- Increasing the safety of operations by reducing human intervention, for example in operations at height.
Discover your benefits & Sign up today†
Iberdrola is no stranger to working with startups and emerging companies – over the past two years, the Group has launched more than 17 Global Startup Challenges to address pressing issues in today’s energy networks. Your benefits include:
- Collaboration Agreement & Pilot Test: The prize for the winner consists of a collaboration and testing agreement with PERSEO or another Iberdrola group company. The group will support the costs of the pilot activities.
- Access-all-areas: Iberdrola will provide the winner with all necessary technical support as well as a site and real data to test the solution. This includes access to equipment, teams, infrastructure, high-tech locations and shared work areas.
- Scale your technology: If the pilot test is satisfactory, Iberdrola may offer the winner the opportunity to scale up the solution by customizing it through commercial agreements.
- Investment: In addition, PERSEO is considering investing in the participating company and/or the winner of the challenge.
Your solution is also directly included in the registration process of Global Smart Grids Innovation Hubs. As an employee you will benefit in the future from the services, activities and resources that the Hub makes available!
Does your solution meet the evaluation criteria?
In assessing your proposals, Iberdrola will consider, among others, the following value propositions:
- The maturity, reliability and durability of the solution.
- Easy installation and maintenance.
- Investment and operational costs.
- Scalability of the solution for these and other applications in the electricity sector.
Your proposals will be assessed by experts from Iberdrola’s Networks group.
Key data for the Sustainable Materials for Networks Challenge
Applications are now open!
- The deadline for submitting applications is June 19, 2022!
- Specialists from the Iberdrola Networks group will evaluate your proposals by the end of July 2022
- The pilot project will start in the second half of 2022 – details to follow soon!
Iberdrola continuously strives to develop and implement solutions that help the transition to a more sustainable energy model. In its commitment to combating climate change and promoting sustainability, Iberdrola aims to deliver clear results on the climate crisis and its sustainability strategy.
Ready to scale your innovative and sustainable solutions with Iberdrola? Click here to apply now†
Sharing is caring!