Hello and welcome back to Equitya podcast about the business of startups, where we unravel the numbers and nuances behind the headlines.
This is our Wednesday show, where we narrow down to one person, reflect on their work, and unwrap the rest. This week, Natasha interviewed Karla Monterroso, a long-time leadership coach, racial equality advocate, and the founder of Brava Leaders. We talked about her journey into the leadership coaching space, but mostly tried to answer questions about the challenges executives face today. Here are some of the topics we cover
- Diverse leadership and the unique appearance of power on a person of color
- How she thinks about the second-order impact of Elon Musk’s Twitter takeover and what signal it sends to the industry.
- Tech’s homogeneity problem and whether it’s getting better or worse
- How leaders can cultivate a workforce prone to conflict
- And of course we end with a lightning round – including but not limited to how Monterroso would define 2022 in a headline.
We’ll be back on Friday with a festive repeat of an old episode. For those celebrating, happy Thanksgiving and, needless to say, we’re very grateful to have you here.
Equity drops every Monday at 7 a.m. PT and Wednesday and Friday at 6 a.m. PT, so subscribe to us Apple podcasts, Cloudy, Spotify and all casts. londonbusinessblog.com also has one great show on cryptoa show founders being intervieweda show how our stories come together and more!